Tuesday, July 10

The Doldrums

It's summer, it's hot and I still can't put my knitting needles down. Okay :-P at least I'm not knitting with wool anymore. Purely a cotton gal for the next few months. Project updates: still working away at my brother's gift bag / washcloth thingies for the wedding in October but I'm already about halfway done (depending on the guest list I suppose) so no real time crunch there, just slow and steady. Surfing around the other day I came across this little cozy, too cute no? Of course, on further surfing I came across a version with a hood which knocked my socks off even further and I decidedly had to go whip one up for myself.

Ta da! I decided to do mine raglan-style just for fun and so I could start at the hood (yarn was short, I wasn't sure how long I could make the wee sweater!) Anyway, fun, cute and enough to make all my friends giggle at me should I ever let this little guy slip out into public. The yarn was bits of leftover wool, Knitpicks Telemark I believe.



Also this market bag has been on the needles for a while now. Almost done! I just need to push through the final stitches and sew in the ends. I used the body from this market bag with a simple basket weave stitch at the top to make it a bit sturdier. I also added two handles instead of one just like I saw in this post here. Nothing like some good ol' collaborative knitting! Yarn for this project is Lionbrand Cotton-Ease (50% cotton 50% acrylic), new yarn to me so I'll have to see how it holds up with use.


And now for something completely different... just a nice shot of Pittsburgh.

No comments: